Saturday 2 February 2013

Drive

Ryan Gosling portrays a quiet man who drives for a living. Whether he's driving for stunts or ex cons, he delivers a remarkable performance in this Vice City like movie.

I can easily say this is a master piece not because Ryan Gosling's in it (well partially) but the whole thing itself is a great film.This is the type of movie I would LOVE to be apart of, I mean when you finish watching it you want more and you wish it wasn't over. One of the songs in the beginning called Nightcall by Kavinsky is playing while Gosling drives through the city at night, that part is my favourite. Driving through the city at night when the roads are empty while Kavinsky is playing is just brilliant. I couldn't stop smiling at myself because the beginning was everything I liked (the 80's music, gangster theme). The quality in this movie was outstanding too, if the car made the slightest bump on the road we would feel it. Gosling's character was nicely played, I liked his quietness it made him mysterious and that was quite attractive. The relationship between him and Carey Mulligan in this film was heart warming. Another thing I love about this movie was at the beginning how they pass each other, she acknowledges him but he doesn't look at her and you feel that slight tension. It's quite similar to walking past a really good looking person and they don't look at you but they know your there and when you walk past each other it's silent. I can say some of the violence in this film was pretty gross, but it reminded me of Vice City! Actually, the whole movie reminded me of Vice City and I love Vice City!
The only thing I wish that was different about this movie was the ending (you'll know what
I'm talking about if you've watched it).

What audience would you recommend this to?
15 and over

/5





No comments:

Post a Comment