Friday 12 April 2013

Time Traveler's Wife

The Time Traveler's Wife is about a man named Henry who since the death of his mother in a car crash as a little boy started time travelling. Henry can't help but time travel, most times it happens when he's in the middle of something. Henry Time Travels across different time periods of his life, reliving events mainly with his future wife (Claire).

I found this movie really interesting. I loved a lot of things about the film such as the different locations, the characters and the plot. Actually, straight after I finished watching it I was in a different surrounding. It felt like I was in America in these beautiful locations they were in. I love how movies do that to me! The plot was clever, I get that Henry can't stop time travelling but there are moments in the film where I'm just like "whaaat?". Rachel McAdams did a lovely job in this film, I've seen her in a lot of romance genre films and she does a perfect job e-v-e-r-y-time! I don't think she gets noticed enough for it. Eric Bana (very handsome by the way) also did a very nice performance. I knew he was Australian because his American accent was very strong in the film. I notice a lot of non American actor/actresses tend to over emphasise the American accent... (anyway moving on). The chemistry in this film was lovely, there were moments in this film where you feel a bit of tears in your eyes but they manage not to fall out, that was towards the end. It's sucks how he time travels in really important moments. I would hate if this kind of thing actually existed, thank god it doesn't. This movie is the kind where you just want to cuddle up in a blanket and drink a cup of hot chocolate while you wish the romance they have in the movie actually happened to you. Sadly there's only so much movies can do, but this movie does the job! I loved watching every minute of it and if you haven't watched it then WATCH IT. This movie teaches you about the importance of patience, time and love. 

What audience would you recommend this to?
Family movie

Ratings out of 5 stars:


















Rachel McAdams


Eric Bana





No comments:

Post a Comment