Sunday 9 June 2013

An Education

A coming-of-age story about a teenage girl in 1960s suburban London, and how her life changes with the arrival of a playboy nearly twice her age.

Hmmm... a very interesting film. I will honestly say I'm still a bit confused. This film is set in the 1960's so it's a bit different to how younger women were like back then, you were either married or well educated. I found this movie confusing, I tried to understand her relationship with the older man but couldn't get my finger around it. I seriously thought he was a creep, and was waiting for something to happen. I thought it was just her age/maturity that got the better of her, but in the end it was him. *Here's me cutting the review short *: You meet new people, you go new places, you discover new things about yourself and realize it's not what you want, you've made a mistake and if your lucky enough you get a second chance. My overall experience with this film was challenging, trying to understand what society was like back in the 60's and trying to connect to the characters. 's character 
Jenny, she seems bored, confused and at times certain about what she wants in life... just like me. 

What audience would you recommend this to?
Mature 


Rating:
/5





No comments:

Post a Comment