Sunday 16 June 2013

Monster's Ball




After a family tragedy, a racist prison guard re-examines his attitude while falling in love with the African American wife of the last prisoner he executed.

Wow!
Such a powerful movie! Absolutely loved it. Didn't expect so much power and content to be in such a simple film. I truly recommend people watch it, it does have quite a lot of sexual content in it, but at the end of the day it's how mature you are about it. Halle Berry (Leticia Musgrove) was expectional! Totally deserved her oscar. I loved the plot, it's extremely emotional and depressing but it was realistic and that's what made this film so deep and fulfilling. This is the first time watching this movie and I must say I would love to watch it again, It's probably not everyone's cup of tea but I enjoyed it.  's performance as Hank Grotowski was immense, reserved and patient. He was the gentleman that Leticia needed and to be honest despite the age difference I think they were perfect for each other. The plot is very intense, I didn't know who Heath Ledger played until the film was over (it took me a while). I was very pleased with the film overall despite the intense plot. 


What audience would you recommend this to?
16 and over

Rating
(First 5 star rating) !!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment