Thursday 17 January 2013

Anywhere but here

*I try to make quick movie reviews so I don't bore you away*

Natalie Portman stars as the teenage daughter (Anne) who only ever wants to escape from her mother played by Susan Sarandon (amazing actress). But her mother wants to do a bit of escaping herself. They drive to Beverly Hills in their 1968 Mercedes Benz with only the hopes of her mother's dream and Anne dragged along as a puppet. As they reach Beverly hills an emotional journey happens...as it usually would in a mother and daughter relationship. We watch Anne grow up as she slithers through her shitty teenage years with her mother, that's only the beginning.


This movie! I love this movie. The simplicity of it is so capturing it feels like your driving from Wisconsin to Beverly Hills with them. I think this movie is great for people especially teens who like to travel and relate to those crappy moments your parent/s put you through. If you feel like watching something that gets you wondering why life sucks then you can share it with Anne and her mother. I know you won't be disappointed. I surely wasn't! This movie really touched my soft spot and it taught me quite a lot of things about life, learning to let go and why being a teenager can be a terrible thing but at the same time fun. 
What audience would you recommend this to?
This would be a nice movie for teenage girls to watch with their mothers or teenagers in general.

/5 stars
                                                             




No comments:

Post a Comment