Monday 21 January 2013

Pretty in pink

One of the greats who made the movies 'The Breakfast Club', 'Sixteen Candles', 'Home Alone' and heaps more! Brings Molly Ringwald in another one of his amazing films. Molly Ringwald plays Andie, a teenage girl who works at a record store, while she and her best friend (Duckie) make it through high school. Blane (rich kid) starts to find an interest in Andie, they soon develop a relationship, but as Blane starts to distance himself it leaves Andie wondering if he's just like the other guys. 

I love John Hughes films! I only ever wish his movies were longer. But this movie is nice! The kind of nice romantic film that girls would settle for, although guys can watch it too! I bet if guys watched it they'd find some sort of connection and relation to some of the characters. I love Andie in this film, I understand what she's going through and it's sort of comforting. This is the type of movie you would want to watch by yourself, because John Hughes knows how to get to you emotionally when watching his films. I think my favourite character in this film would be Duckie, he is everything I am- except I'm not in love with my best-friend, wait... my best friend is my twin sister, I love her but not in that way, ANYWAY... Duckie is just this crazy person who speaks his mind and cares deeply for the ones he loves, he isn't like the other kids in school. I think I can relate quite a lot to that actually. 


What audience would you recommend this to?
For the groovy 80's lovers, teenagers and over.

/5



No comments:

Post a Comment