Saturday 19 January 2013

Precious

*I try to make quick movie reviews so I don't bore you away*

"My name is Claireece Precious Jones". An African American girl on goes the hard journey of being a young women and how difficult it is. You usually hear the term "Being a women is harder than a man" it's true but in Claireece's term it's beyond difficult. Claireece may look like a big tough girl that you shouldn't consider looking at while walking down the street. But really inside she's wondering why she can't have a nice skinny tan looking boyfriend or why her father says he loves her when all he does is rape her. 

Now this movie is a masterpiece, it truly is. I was intrigued to watch it because the trailer (which is located at the bottom of this) was amazing. This is a depressing movie but it's also one I recommend you watch. The thing I love about this movie is, it may be depressing but it really gets to you. You feel sorry for her because of what she's going through but your glad your on the journey with her, you want to find out more. I love this movie because it gave me hope in the most darkest situations and taught me that people have it worse. Gabourey Sidibe (Precious) should have won an Oscar for this because she did an amazing job (no wonder she won the role). I think she's one of my favourite actresses now. Mo'Nique Imes-Jackson (Precious's mum) I hated her in the movie! But she played the part amazingly, she's a great actress (she won Academy Award for Best Supporting actress for her role). There's something about this movie that can really teach others to appreciate their life and not judge others from the outside.


What audience would you recommend this to?
This movie isn't one for the children, definitely for teenagers and over.

/5 stars 

















No comments:

Post a Comment