Wednesday 23 January 2013

Frankie and Johnny

Al Pacino and Michelle Pfeiffer light up the screen in this captivating romantic comedy. Pfeiffer plays Frankie, a waitress at a N.Y.C coffee shop. After a series of hurtful relationships, the last thing Frankie's looking for is a new man... until he comes looking for her. Pacino is an outgoing ex-con who's hired as the new short-order cook.  He's head-over-heels crazy for Frankie. But to Frankie, they're as different as scrambled and hard-boiled. What can he mean when he says, "We were a couple before we ever met"?

Oh my goodness this movie is perfection. I just watched it for the first time today and wow it blew me away. This movie is FOR SURE a decent romantic film, it beats all the others I've ever watched out there. It has all the elements of determination, hurt, love and loneliness altogether in this one film. I've been waiting for this type of film to come around the corner and here it is! THIS IS IT! Frankie and Johnny's connection makes me wish I had that! in a way it's re-assuring that I will have that oneday. The way he stares at her makes me all fluttery and warm inside, it's pure perfection to me. Al Pacino is absolutely BRILLIANT for his portrayal as Johnny, he's all you could look for in a guy to play the part. My view on Johnny in this film was  determined,cute and bold. I absolutely loved him in this film, he pursued and pursued for Frankie, he didn't give up on her. Michelle Pfeiffer truly is an emotional actress who knows what she's doing. Her character for me was emotional,hurt,protective,insecure,afraid for something good to happen to her,sensitive and Delicate. She cried at the right times she really knew who she was in this film, the littlest things she did were thought through thoroughly. Her character was one I felt sorry for, she'd been through so much shit the previous men put her through she built a really big wall. The plot itself speaks cunningly through the characters emotions, you really wish you were in the scenes with them or you wish you WERE them. I stumbled across this film a few days ago when I was in a store looking for cheap movies to watch and I saw this (it was only 6 dollars) and I was like to my sister "Hey it's Al Pacino and he's in a romantic film, that's weird!" my sister told me to put it away, she didn't look the least bit interested so I did. *Few days later* I thought I'd watch the trailer so I did then showed it to my sister then we both looked at each other like "WE HAVE TO HAVE THAT" we didn't say anything, we just knew. So we quickly got ready so we could buy it before someone else does and all I can say is, it was the best 6 bucks I have ever spent on anything in my whole 16 years of life. This film was funny, dramatic and romantic, I loved everything about it! Intense film! 

What audience would you recommend this to?

Teenagers/adults (people who love romance films,this is the one to watch!)

/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment